Loading...

History

History

Lopatich-Brinker Funeral Home, LLC is carrying on the tradition of the Lopatich family serving Latrobe and its surrounding communities with dignity and professionalism. For over sixty years, we have been honored to be a part of the rich history of this community and plan to be a part of it for many years to come.

A Family Tradition

John J. Lopatich, our founder, graduated from the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science in 1947, completed his internship with the former Fisher Funeral Home in Derry, Pennsylvania, and earned his funeral director's license in 1951. In 1955 Mr. Lopatich purchased a home on the corner of Lincoln Avenue and Weldon Street, which became the humble beginnings of the establishment.

On October 11, 1958, he opened the John J. Lopatich Funeral Home. With the assistance of his wife, Ann, the Lopatich family built their business from the ground up while raising their four children, John, Mary, Anita, and Joseph. Throughout the years, John renovated the building with several additions in order to better serve the families of our community, both large and small.


The original home prior to our funeral home

A New Generation

In 1979, John and Ann’s eldest son, John S. Lopatich, earned his funeral director’s license and joined his father in the family business. A 1974 graduate of Greater Latrobe Senior High School, John attended Saint Vincent College and was a 1977 graduate of the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science. A few years later in 1982, the youngest child, Joseph P. Lopatich, graduated from Greater Latrobe Senior High School and followed the same path as his elder brother. After attending Saint Vincent College and graduating from the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science in 1985, Joe earned his funeral director’s license in 1987 and joined his brother in the business.

John J. Lopatich retired from the funeral home in December 1986, but continued to help his sons throughout the years. Until his passing on September 27, 2008, he played an integral role in the organization from behind the scenes.


Our old entrance and sign (About 1962)

The Tradition Continues

In 2003, while a student at Greater Latrobe Senior High School, Jason J. Brinker joined the funeral home as a part-time associate. He, too, continued on at Saint Vincent College and the Pittsburgh Institute of Mortuary Science and became a licensed funeral director in 2012. In 2020, he fulfilled a lifelong dream by becoming owner of the Lopatich-Brinker Funeral Home, LLC. He and his wife Hannah are proud to continue the tradition of community oriented service established throughout the years by the Lopatich family. As they move forward, they pledge to remain at the forefront of funeral service through their facilities and technology. Even though the appearance of the funeral home may change, the dependability and quality of service, which the staff of Lopatich-Brinker Funeral Home provides, remains the same. Rest assured that Jason and the entire staff will continue the tradition of quality service and maintain the image that this is certainly where dignity always prevails.

Lopatich-Brinker Funeral Home, LLC
Phone: (724) 537-2001
601 Weldon Street, Latrobe, PA 15650


© Lopatich-Brinker Funeral Home, LLC
Crafted with care by Frazer Consultants and TA

Privacy Policy & Terms of Use